Material Considerations: A Library of Sustainable Building Materials has been based at The Lighthouse, Glasgow since 2012. This web based resource showcases sustainable, traditional, innovative, recycled and low carbon building materials.
This resource will interest construction professionals, architects, builders, home-owners and students alike and offers the opportunity for visitors to:
- Browse and compare materials
- Search materials by type, origin and typical use
- View case studies of the materials in use in Scottish projects, from houses to visitor centres
- View relevant events and training
- Find related publications and guidance on construction innovation, sustainable design, resource efficiency and low carbon buildings.