CPD on Traditional Roof Slating
Delivered by Graeme Millar (NFRC)
Hosted by Tyler C Lott, BA MSc, Scotland Officer, Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
CPD touches on many topics relevant to the maintenance and upgrade of traditional Scottish slate roofs.
Topics covered in the CPD include:
- Scottish slate
- Properties of – colour, size (random, thickness)
- Supplies of Scottish slate
- Alternative slates available
- When to re-slate and when to repair
- When to redress and reuse slate introducing minimum new slates
- When to totally strip and re-slate
- When re-roofing gives you an opportunity to retrofit insulation to roof voids
- Comparisons of finished roofs with different slates (especially those on terraced/tenement properties where the new slate abuts a roof with Scottish slate, good and bad examples)
This will be an online event delivered through Zoom, the access code will be sent out via email nearer the time.